Cook a tradicional Xmas Mexican Tequila TurkeyIn México, Christmas dinner is the most important family gathering celebration of the year. It takes place the night of Christmas eve, this is likely due to this night is the ninth and last of "Las Posadas", an old Mexican tradition with catholic roots consisting of nine days of praying and singing as a previous preparation for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. It is also a clever excuse to have a new gathering right on Christmas day afternoon and end the leftovers.
- A family size turkey (calculate about a pound per person)
- 2 to 3 tequila bottles of your selection. I would rather prefer a young white tequila instead of an "añejo" (aged) one but it is up to your taste.
- Lemon and salt at will
- Italian seasoning and butter if desired
2. Whip up the tequila and swallow it, then immediately squeeze a salt sprinkled lemon wedge with your teeth and make a funny "sour pickle face" (Arney, B., 2000).
3. Set oven in 365°F. and follow maker's safety instructions
4. Have another tequila shot.
5. Rinse the turkey thoroughly.
6. Have a couple extra shots of tequila.
7. "Oven the Light up" …BUM!
8. If still around, glass another tequila of drink.
9. Get the oven into the turkey. If too much hassle and struggle, hand a bottle to the unruly bird and have a drink you both. Cheers.
10. Repeat former step until turkey is tender enough.
11. Telaqui another have
12. Insert the turkey into the meat thermometer several times. Easy, "we all go a little mad sometimes" (Bates, Norman, Psycho, 1960)
13. Turkey the oven for hours
14. Make sure the turkey is still inside. End the bottle. Take a nap.
15. Take the oven out of the turkey
16. Floor the turkey up off the pick
17. Turk the carvey
18. self your get another tottle of bequila
19. Tet the sable and sace gray