First Cruise to Cozumel? 7 Smart Tips for First-Time Cruise Travelers
Planning to set sail on your very first cruise can be a little intimidating. Follow these savvy tips and tricks from experienced travelers and you'll be one step ahead of the game.
Beginners Guide to Cruising the Caribbean
- When deciding what to pack, check the weather forecast for all the ports you'll be visiting – and don't forget to consider what type of clothes you might need for specific shore excursions.
- If you want to skip the massive lines at boarding, check in several hours after the boarding time begins.
- Introduce yourself to your waiters and room attendants. They are people too – and they'll appreciate the courtesy.
- Always take your passport with you on port calls.
- Use a fresh plate every time you return to the buffet.
- At full-service meals, order exactly what you like. Two appetizers? Three desserts? Go for it! And don't forget to take advantage of room service, which is usually included.
- Research ports before you travel. You'll get a lot more out your trip if you know a little bit about the culture, history, and activities available at the places you will visit.
Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park in Cozumel
One last tip: Book shore excursions early to make sure you get to do the things you want to do. Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park makes it easy to enjoy the best of Cozumel – and the best of your very first cruise. Bon voyage!